Saturday, April 23, 2016

Changing of the Guard

President’s Bully Pulpit #12
April, 2016

To all the members and friends of 1stUUPB:

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve as your president during 2015-16. It has been an honor and a privilege to lead our Congregation throughout this church year.

I want to give special thanks to the members of the Board of Trustees, the chairs of committees, and the members of Team 7 Stewardship Campaign, for all the wonderful volunteer work they have done during my presidency. I am especially indebted to staff member Barbara Hatzfeld, our church office administrator, for her assistance and cooperation.

There is a person upon whom I have relied more than any other.  She is a very hard working and highly capable individual.  She has served as the temporary recorder of Board minutes. She has been a leader on Team 7, the Stewardship Campaign Planning Committee. And she is the principal facilitator of our popular Dine Around fund raisers. I am speaking of my life partner and friend of 62 years, fellow Baltimorean and Forest Park High School graduate of February ’57, Phyllis Levin. Thank you Phyllis for all your efforts and for all that you have helped accomplished for our Congregation. 1stUUPB could not have a better friend. Nor could I.

Beginning on May 1st, Phyllis and I will be scaling back our participation in church activities. We will be Friends of the church and visit on occasion to attend services and Teaching Thursday programs.

I wish my successor in the presidency, Paul Ward, all the best for the coming year, and pledge that I will continue to take an interest in Congregational life going forward. Phyllis and I hope we will have lots of opportunities to socialize with our church friends.  We are heading to Alaska in June for a new travel adventure.

Andrew Kahn

No comments:

Post a Comment