Tuesday, December 19, 2017

LIFE OF THE CONGREGATION – Dec 17, 2017

I would like to provide an update on the composition of the Board of Trustees. Bob Ashmore has stepped down from the Board for health reasons. I am sure you will join me in thanking Bob for his service on the Board.

One of our newest members, Elizabeth Shine, has been appointed to complete Bob’s term of office. Elizabeth has been part of our Congregation for more than a year and was previously a member of a UU congregation in Connecticut for fifteen years. Let’s welcome Elizabeth to the Board of Trustees.

The Board held its annual retreat two weeks ago. One of the outcomes of the retreat, approved at this week’s Board meeting, was the formation of an ad hoc Marketing and Communications project team. The purpose of this team is to explore how we can do a better job of marketing and communications. We plan to kick this project off in January. If you have expertise in marketing and communications and would like to contribute to the team, please let me know. I will be leading the team initially.

I will be heading to England on Christmas Day and wish you all a happy holiday season and a wonderful new year. “My theme for the new year is Shaping the future as if you will live forever, while living today as if you may die tomorrow.”

Thank you all for your support of the Board of Trustees and your active participation in the committees and congregational activities. Please reach out if Dan or I can help in any way.

Any questions?

Paul G Ward

President, Board of Trustees

No comments:

Post a Comment